- Obtain suitable Land from PWD / Govt Dept on lease basis with nominal lease rent.
- Arrange Funding by PPP/CSR / Contribution/ Deposit/Govt Aid
- Construct 50 SqM Toilet portion & 50 SqM Commercial space costing 30L
- Lease out to a Concessioner for 5/ 10/ 15 year Operation on set Cleaning Schedule and run the Toilet & Commercial Establishments 24X7
- Lack of Clean & Safe public toilet in the state.
- Difficulty in using toilets in restaurants/ fuel stations.
- Land availability – Public office compound/ road side ox-bow.
- Compulsory CSR insisted by New Company Law.
- Popular demand for hygienic toilets.
- Elevation of Status of Toilet- “Glamour Room”- from farthest corner of plot to drawing room
- Craze for luxury Toilet fittings/ gadgets.
- Toilet – is a Yard stick of Personal hygiene / Family Status
- Public prejudice about public toilets.
- Scarcity of janitors / cleaning professionals
- Vandalism- destructive attitude of users
- Users not concerned about maintaining cleanliness of public space for next user
- Resistance from neighbours / land occupants
- Pay & Use system not acceptable to a section of users
Present Scenario . .
- Local Self Governments
- KSRTC / Private Bus Stands
- Petrol Bunks
- Women Organisations
- Sulabh International
- Eve’s Own Toilets